About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, May 03, 2010

It's been a long time, now I'm coming back home

^^ all credit to the Beatles for the post title.  :-)


Things are still hectic on my end - my computer is on it's last legs (I've had it for 7 years so i'm due for a new one),I'm still in a bit of pain from my impacted teeth and I'm going to have dental surgery, but I've neglected this blog for too long. And  a lot has been happening in the world of music. 


Kele Okereke of Bloc Party is releasing some solo stuff and I'm not liking it. 





The song "Tenderoni" (WTF?) is going to be released on the 14th of June. And the album is released on the 21st in the UK and 22nd in the U.S




The Boxer tracklist:
01 Walk Tall
02 On the Lam
03 Tenderoni
04 The Other Side
05 Everything You Wanted
06 New Rules
07 Unholy Thoughts
08 Rise
09 All the Things I Could Never Say
10 Yesterday's Gone

______________________________________________________________________


'Ugly Betty' one of the shows I've featured on my blog has come to an end and in true 'Ugly Betty' style there was some good music in the final episode. I found myself dusting off my old Macy Gray albums and I also discovered Renee Olstead.





Some lovely person on youtube created a list of Top 10 songs featured on Ugly Betty season 3. 


Season 3

___________________________________________________________


Devendra Bsnhart released the video for his new song Foolin'. It's been sooooo long since I've listened to his music.





I didn't realise how much I had missed Devendra's voice till I listened to this. I'm not sure what the video is trying to say, it gets major WTF from me. 
_____________________________________________________________


I've been listening to Gil Scott Heron's new album and Rupaul's old album (Champion). They are both very good. I'm going to try and review them. Speaking of reviews, my review of White Stripes' Under Great White Northern Lights, you can check it out here: http://frequencymagazine.net/reviews/album-review-reviews/under-great-white-northern-lights/



0 comments: