About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, May 21, 2010

Want to lose weight . . have your tooth extracted!

Finally got my wisdom tooth extracted. . . I feel like crap. I'm allergic to penicillin and codine. So I can only take an antibiotic that makes me nauseous and paracetamol which isn't as strong as I would like. I can only eat on one side of my face and don't really have the appetite even though I want to eat. Lest I forget, I also have a swollen cheek.


Was watching the TV series 'Bones' as I was writing this post and this song came on at the end ...



The song has been covered a number of times, Candi Staton does an amazing version which was sampled by One Eskimo and they renamed it "Kandi" , I'm not sure why. I found a couple of other versions online, while I like the duet, Candi's version is still my favourite. 



Patsy Kline
Released in 1963, but unlike Candi's version,Patsy's version is true to the time period.

Ella Washington
Ella Washington didn't have as much success as the other people on this list. Probably due to having a name that can be mixed up with Ella Fitzgerland and Dinah Washington. Ella covered this song in 1969 making her the first person to cover it. 



Candi Staton 

This version was released on 1971, but hasn't aged one bit. 


Nancy Wilson

This version was released in 1975 and it's possibly my least favourite of the lot. The backing beat is too 'busy' and overpowers the vocals and I don't like it when that happens.




Ah well,back to nursing my tooth!


MITNB





0 comments: