About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mos Def, Lenny Kravitz - Ain’t My Fault




I usually post my write ups today,but I've been a bit busy and haven't been able to complete what I'm working on. I learnt about this song through ONTD, it is the charity single for Gulf Aid. The situation isn't getting as much attention as it deserves. I think a lot of people feel guilty and responsible because we are all oil consumers. We wouldn't have to feel this way if Oil companies made an effort to be more ethical in the way they treat the people and wildlife in the oil producing regions they get oil from. I read somewhere that one of the BP head honchos said the oil spill was just a drop in a large ocean .. . . very tactful, right? Being from an oil producing country I've always been aware of the heartlessness and ruthlessness of oil companies, but that was a whole new low. And it makes me wonder what they think of the situation in the Niger/Delta. 


This is an amazing song and easily one of (if not the best) charity single I've ever heard.  Check out http://www.gulfaid.org/ for more info and former Lost star Ian Somerhalder is a big campaigner for the cause so check out his tweets as well. 


MITNB

1 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice video and song. It's hard for people to take responsibility, it requires self effort.