About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

African Music Post: Lira

lira from google images




Feel Good



Ixesha



I discovered Lira through this year's world cup and I've been a fan of hers ever since.
The songs are three years old, but they so perfect for summer, I just had to post them! 



Artist: Lira
Song:Feel Good
Country: South Africa


Bio:

Lira was born Lira Molapo in the East Rand eDaveyton (Ekurhuleni). Her music is a mix of Afro-Jazz, RnB, soul among others. Lira started performing live at the age of 16, singing both cover versions and self-penned songs. In 2000 she was discovered by musician and producer Arthur Mafokate, who had her sign with his own record label, 999 Music. She wrote all the songs on her album that was called All My Love (2003) and released in May 2003.
She left 999 Music and teamed up with keyboardist Victor Mngomezulu, bassist Tshepo Sekele, and producer Robin Kohl. In 2006, her second album, Feel Good, was released and was a bigger success. She received five nominations at the South African Grammy Awards (Best New Artist, Best Female Artist, Best R&B Album, Best Single, and Best Video). 
Some of the songs include Change the world, All My Luv, Wa Mpahela, Ngiyabonga, Feel it in me, Ngiyazifela, Dance of life, Twisted, Crush, Yeah yeah yeah and Dumisa.
More info:

MITNB

0 comments: