About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, March 07, 2010

R.I.P Mark Linkous

Just woke up from a nap to learn that Mark Linkous from Sparklehorse has died. I also learnt that this isn't his first attempt at killing himself.


image credit: imageshack

I keep seeing the words "takes his own life" and it makes me so sad, depressed and moved to tears. I'm not a big of fan of Sparklehorse, I discovered their music through a mix tape. I'm not sure what the name of the mixtape or song is, but something about it stuck with me. So when I heard about the album 'Dark Night of the Soul', I had to have it.

'Dark Night of the Soul' went on to become one of my favourite albums of last year. Initially the album was shelved, never to be released until last week (4th of March) when EMI and Danger Mouse got over their legal dispute. The full album is still being streamed on NPR, for those that haven't heard it.

I can't imagine what Mark was going through, but reading about his first suicide attempt and the fall out from that is heartbreaking. I know many people around the world are going through a similar situation, some have even taken comfort in Mark/Sparklehorse's music and lyrics.It is now more important than ever to not lose hope, think about the friends, family and strangers who wish you well and try to seek help. You can do so anonymously. You are never too old to need or get help.



U.K:do not lose hope
U.S:Talk to someone

MITNB

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan, and this made me very, very sad. Such a loss. :(