About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

African Music Post: Asa - Bi'Ban'Ke




It took me a long time to get Asa's (pronounced Asha) album, but I'm glad I did. It is a good mix of Yoruba and English songs. Out of eleven tracks on the album, more than half (seven) are entirely in English making this worth your while even if you don't speak Yoruba.


It is very hard for me to pick my favourite song on the album, I torn between 'Fire on the Mountain' - which is a bit political, 'Awé'  -A funny story about naivety and this song I'm posting 'Bi'ban ké' - which is about breaking up. In the chorus, she sings "If I'm crying a flood of tears, leave me a alone. If I'm crying really hard, leave me alone". I'm a bit like that, if I'm crying, I want to be left alone.






MITNB

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi there, this is Jamie from Frequency Magazine. Your email address did not come through in the Write For Us Submission.

Please email me at editors@frequencymagazine.net

Thank you :)