About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Skin Care Journey: Products

I paid a trip to boots on Sunday and picked up a few new items to add to my arsenal.


Boots - Intensive Moisture Mask


Boots Intensive Moisture Mask
I love, love love this. I used it on Sunday night after taking my make up off and before applying Retin-A. My skin was so soft this morning. It got me thinking about how much I moisturise my skin. I think of moisture in relation to my hair, I know what to use - oils, baggies, scarfs, deep moisturisers and even ghee. But, I never really intensely moisturise my face outside of my daily face cream. I think this might be a new beginning for me.


Boots - Cleansing Mousse, Pore Perfecting Deep Clean Mousse
Boots - Cleansing Mousse, Pore Perfecting Deep Clean Mousse
For the past couple of months, I have been trying to use up skin care products I had laying around the house and I've managed to do that. I haven't been able to make it to the shops to replenish my supply so my brother gifted me a bottle of - Usana face wash which I mentioned in a previous "Skin care Products" post. Unfortunately since using it, my face started to breakout. I felt an under current of bumps beneath my skin that sent a shiver down my spine. Needless to say, I stopped using it, but not quickly enough. I have some new spots that have scared and darkened. I went to Boots to see if I could get a bottle of their Vitamin E face wash which I have had good experience with. But, they didn't have it so I settled for the  Cleansing Mousse and the Pore Perfecting Deep Clean Mousse from their botanicals range. It's only been a day, so I've yet to see the difference.


Lancome Genifique Sample
Lancome Genifique Sample
On my way out of boots, I stopped by the Lancome counter to pick up a bottle of their hypnose mascara (which I love) and I got this sample free. It is a light moisturiser and I was told it can we worn under make up...so it is like any other moisturiser. I tried it today and it started out fine, but the moisturing effect didn't last all day. By mid afternoon, I found myself reaching for the nearest moisturiser to get rid of the tight feeling




Skin care update to come shortly....

0 comments: