About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, March 02, 2014

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus (+) Review - initial thoughts.

La Roche Posay was having a competition on their facebook page and I won the opportunity to review La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+) over the course of six weeks. I have used La Roche Posay products in the past, and the basic Effaclar Duo (without the 'plus') is a favourite of mine and helped improve my skin considerably. So, when I saw the chance to review this updated version I jumped at it. I thought this would be an interesting experiment, because I think a lot of us of Afro-Carib origin tend to shy away from these products because we think it is not formulated with our skin in mind.

The package arrived with 6 trial size tubes and one full size. As part of the terms of the win, I have to keep track of my skin's progress in writing and pictures for the La Roche Posay facebook page. so, I thought why not update my blog as well?

So here's what I got in the package.

6 trial size for 6 weeks and 1 full size


Full Size Vs Trial Size

Also, as an incentive, every week I complete a review I get a full size product - aint that swell?!


Initial Thoughts
On the box it is described as a 'fresh-gel cream, 24hr hydration and lasting mattifying effect, non-stick, non-oily finish. excellent make up base'. I found the texture is creamy but, not in a thick heavy way. it wasn't totally light and watery either.


ECU texture shot

I used that much.

I read somewhere that it you can follow La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus (+) with your daily moisturizer. As someone with oily skin, I was initially weary of this. I like to use SPF and my usual beauty routine is - SPF in the day, skin treatment at night. The La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus (+) says it should be applied twice daily and I thought I would have to forgo my daily SPF for in favour of using the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus (+) twice daily. But, after applying La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus (+) it vanished into my skin,it was non-greasy, non sticky, almost like I hadn't used anything. So, I felt okay with following it with a SPF lotion (my favorite being Olay essentials complete care).

I'll be back next week for my first review.

0 comments: