About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, October 27, 2011

La Roche-Posay EFFACLAR Purifying Foaming Gel

La Roche-Posay EFFACLAR Purifying Foaming Gel




The blurb,



The purifying formulation lifts dirt, grime and sebum away from the surface of the skin without disrupting its delicate balance. The skin is left feeling clean and fresh, and is soothed with restorative La Roche-Posay thermal spring water.
Work the thick gel into a lather and it will produce a light non-irritating foam that is easy to rinse away. Apply every morning and evening by massaging in gently.



My thoughts,


I bought in a hurry during the same shopping trip that I bought the Boots No7 primer. I was slightly confused by the range of products by Efflacar available  - too much stuff written in French and my french isn't that good. Add to that the fact that a lot of their products appear to do the same thing with only minute differences; the whole section gave me a headache.


 I really needed a new face wash and if you follow my blog you will know I like to change things up a lot. I'm on a quest to find a product or combination of products that tick all the boxes for me. I wanted to try out a skin care routine based entirely on La Roche-Posay products especially since boots had a 3 for 2 offer, but there were certain things I couldn't bring myself to buy, like the "Thermal Spring water" referenced in the blurb. The name wasn't doing a good job of selling it to me, I felt I couldn't bring myself to buy a bottle of overpriced fancy water.  Anyway, I grabbed a bottle of the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel and tried it out as soon as I got home. 


My first thoughts were "okay, this is nice", but I wasn't blown away. I wasn't really wowed by it till I tried it after using my Boots Moisturising Mask, it usually leaves a residue which at times make my skin feel heavy. As I washed the residue off with Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, I noticed how clean it felt, I could feel it take the oil off. And this got me thinking of how much left over make up it must slurp off on a regular basis with out me knowing. 


It lathers, but not too much. I used this with my face brush and my skin looked gorgeous all day. I felt so confident, I didn't wear any make up when I was out running errands. The gel is described as thick, but as you can see from the picture, it is actually more on the runny side.


You get a 200ml bottle for just over £10 and a little goes a long way. 




Boots still have a 3 for 2 mix and match thing happening. If you have oily skin,  suggest buying this along with the Efflacar M moisturiser (review coming soon) and for the 3rd item it is going to be a toss up between Effaclar K or the Effaclar duo, which to be honest I havent' tried either of them yet, but I hope to be getting one of them by friday and a review would be up in due course. 

siggy

0 comments: