About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

REVIEW: LUSH BRAZENED HONEY

LUSH BRAZENED HONEY

Blurb from Lush website


Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities.
Eggs, honey and almond oil to soothe, soften and moisturise the skin.
Fresh fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate - and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells.
Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases.  Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin. Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin.
Together they make a mask that will wake up tired, neglected skin.

During my research into skin care over the years, I found that turmeric and lime juice are both good for lightening spots and freckles on the skin.  Seeing that they are both ingredients in this, I was eager to try it. 

The best way to describe the smell is spicy and I found it very bearable. It has granules that make it difficult to apply but, they gently exfoilate as you rinse it off. it is advisable that you don't keep it on for too long else it is a pain in the arse to take off. I did that a couple of times and had to use a damp wash cloth to re-moisten it and wipe it off. On the whole, it did exactly what it said on the tin, my skin looked brighter and more awake. My skin had no adverse reaction to it.

The one major downside to it is that it expires. My jar expired on the 30th of September, but I was crazy busy at work and didn't have the time to use it often. So I had all this left over product, I didn't want it to go to waste, so I carried on using it. There was no change in consistency, my skin had no adverse reaction and it smelled fine. 


Definitely a keeper! 


siggy

0 comments: