About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Products For Oily/Acne Prone Skin - Save and Splurge

A few tried, tested and loved products from over the past few months.


FACE WASH
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Splurge  

lush dark angels
Save
Lush Dark Angels available for £5.95 - can't beat cleansing and exfoliating all in one easy step. I would carry on using it if it did not stain the bathroom. 


MOISTURISER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Splurge 
La Roche Posay Effclar M available for £13.50 at boots. Matifes my skin like no other, definitely my top choice. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Save
A long time favourite -Good Things Miracle Mattifier Lotion available for £7.99 at boots. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Save
Boots Oil Of Evening Primrose With Vitamin E £2.79 at boots. Great product to have at hand when dealing with the dryness from Retin-A.

TONER
These products are neither Save nor Splurge. They are very affordable.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alpha Bright Toner with Mandelic acid

EXFOLIATOR
No Splurge products, I've got two saves.

Save
lush Mint Julep lip scrub
Lush Lip Scrub - controversial choice, I know, but if your skin can take the sugar granules, it is the way to soft smooth skin. I can't stop touching my face after I use it - eek! £4.95 at Lush.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub at amazon for £3.17. 

MASK
LUSH BRAZENED HONEY
I'm very new to the face mask scene, so my experience is limited. 
I'm very impressed with Lush Brazen Honey, good thing is it retails for only £5.50, so I can stock up regularly.


With any product I suggest sticking it out for at least 2 weeks to a month before you decide, unless your skin reacts badly to it then feel free to chuck away! However, if I had thrown my Retin-A out after the first week I won't have seen the progress I've documented over the past few months.  And, nope I'm not being paid to endorse boots, they just have the best deals and best rewards points system so I shop there often. You can easily purchase all of these items including the more pricey stuff with their 3 for 2 offer.  Review of the La Roche-Posay products coming soon. 

siggy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff! I almost got dark angel on my last visit, but with my grumpy skin di dnot know if ot would work.

Curious about rose water and glycein. Def have been loving rosewater..not sure how my skin may react with the glycerin though.

well thanks for sharing!

Acne Treatment Reviews said...

Acne has been a problem to young people and some older ones. These products are of big help. And that if used properly. Great tips and review. Thanks!