About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, September 05, 2011

Skin Care update

Sorry, I have stalled with my skin case updates. I wasn't too impressed with the results I got from the mandelic acid peel and that left me disheartened. I had a break out every time I used it which created more spots, I used it for 5 weeks, but I couldn't bring myself to do the 6th week. I felt defeated and I stopped using everything - Retin-A, Duac, face peel. I went back to basic face wash and exfoliate. Recently, I created my own little experiment, I mixed castor oil and lemon oil. and I've been using that for 2 weeks and waiting to see what happens. 


The benefits of castor oil
 Castor Oil cures acne
The Ricinoleic Acid in castor oil works to inhibit many viruses and bacteria, and as castor oil is able to penetrate skin tissue deeply, this makes it an effective treatment for acne.
To treat acne, dab a hot damp washcloth all over your face in the evening before you go to bed. The heat will gently open the pores on your face. After this, massage a little castor oil gently into the skin. Leave on overnight. Repeat this daily for 1 to 2 weeks to see results. You can also repeat this twice in the day, once at night and once in the morning.
http://skinverse.com/castor-oils-many-uses-for-beautiful-skin-and-hair.html/comment-page-15#comment-39815 
I don't use it with a hot wash cloth, but I do rinse my face with warm water. I'm going to try the wash cloth and see how it helps. 


Benefits of Lemon oil
Among essential oils, lemon oil is known as a strong antiseptic that prevents and clears up infections and inflammation. For oily and acne prone skin, it is used to control excess oil as it removes it easily yet it is not as harsh as alcohol, so the skin is not left dry and flaky. Since it is an astringent, it constricts blood vessels and reduces the appearance of pores, it is recommended for large pores.
http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com/lemon-oil.html 
I've been using the mixture for two weeks now. I'm going to wait for month before I comment on any progress. I've also been using lush Mint Julep lip scrub...as a face scrub and my skin feels soooo good. 
lush Mint Julep lip scrub lush Mint Julep lip scrub


I bought this when my lips were really dry and it didn't really work for me. So, rather than throw it out or leave it to gather dust, I used it on my face instead. I only use it once a week, but the results last for days. I use it as a dry scrub - so, very dry face and I lean over a skin and scrub. My skin feels so soft and smooth afterwards. I've tried to make homemade sugar scrubs, but I never get the consistency right. 
Store bough scrubs are too oily and I fine them hard to manipulate. This is unlike the typical face scrub which tend to use olive oil as a base. This contains Jojoba oil which is great for acne and oily skin. And peppermint oil which reduces the production of sebum. I'm trying out some other lush products so there is going to be another post with reviews on that as well. 




See you soon,
siggy

0 comments: