About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

African Post: Becca - fire









Artist: Becca ft Batman


Title: Fire 


Country: Ghana /West Africa





About the Becca:



Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong, popularly known as Becca, is an Afro-pop singer from Ghana.


She grew up in a music family as both mother and father sang in the church choir, as well as he brothers. She joined the church choir as well and had a group which composed their own songs.


She got her first break by being selected to be part of the pop contest/reality show called TV3 Mentor (second season) as part of the Ashanti Region team with Rose (Tico) and Sandy (Obolo). She made more headlines after quitting the show just 24 hours before the launchfollowing an allegation that the contestants had been secretly tested and cleared of HIV/AIDS without any prior notification or counselling. She filed a lawsuit against TV3, the television station which organizes the reality show. She was eventually replaced by Cee (Slim Things).


Her debut album features the famous South African jazz musician, Hugh Masekela, who has tipped her for major success. She also features Osibisa's Mac Tontoh and Partan. She also plays the guitar work with her own eight-piece band. The graduate from Wesley Girls' High School is trained in child psychology from Croydon College in London and works as a child care worker.








I mentioned last week that I was going to improve the African music posts. This is my first attempt that doing that, because I don't know everything about everyone and I'm going to be using other online sources for these posts. Some of the content may not be as accurate as the should be, it's not my aim to misinform anyone. I'll always post from the best source I can find. but, if I've posted something inaccurate, let me know in the comments section and I'll fix it.





MITNB. 

0 comments: