About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, August 05, 2010

John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up!

FINALLY!  I'm been waiting for the album that defines 2010 and I think this is it.



About the video:
The Roots' music video which is made under direction hands of Rik Cordero to support their latest single "The Fire" has been debuted. It follows a group of men as they are led by army through a bloody, violent and hopeless march toward the unknown.

It chronicles a post-apocalyptic death march set in 1945 during the final stages of World War II in Europe. After a cataclysmic event renders the war futile, a paramilitary splinter group, led by a Kurtz-like figure known as The Commodore, forces the transfer of young men who will be used as labor...and food. The last survivor of the march receives a mysterious White Box which holds the key to survival.
Featuring John Legend, "The Fire" is taken from The Roots' ninth studio album "How I Got Over". Rik said of the song as quoted by OkayPlayer, "[It] is one of my favorite tracks off HIGO and really feels like something you'd hear in the theater. The line 'you don't say good luck, you say don't give up' inspired me to create a period piece narrative that stays true to the lyrics while adding another layer to the interpretation." 













wake-up-cover




Tracklist:
01. Hard Times
02. Compared To What
03. Wake Up Everybody feat. Common & Melanie Fiona
04. Our Generation (The Hope Of the World) feat. CL Smooth
05. Little Ghetto Boy (Prelude) feat. Malik Yusef
06. Little Ghetto Boy feat. Black Thought
07. Hang On In There
08. Humanity (Love The Way It Should Be)
09. Wholy Holy
10. I Can’t Write Left Handed
11. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
12. Shine

John Legend & The Roots – Wake Up! In Stores September 21st.





Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00034241.html
http://www.thisisrnb.com/2010/07/john-legend-the-roots-wake-up-tracklist/#comments

0 comments: