About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Think I Fell For The Song On TV - Cold Case

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image source:google images


Like Scrubs, Cold Case is pretty much set to music. They've had more than a hand full of episodes centred around the music of musicians such as; Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Nirvana, Johnny Cash and Rolling Stones. 


It is great to see a show that understands the relationship between story telling and music. It has led me to discover and appreciate a lot of music I would never have given the time of day. The use of music on Cold Case  works well with the premise of the show, like having the right costume for the time period, the music is that extra component that takes the viewer to the place and time when the murder first happened. 




My favourite finds;


CCR - Have you ever seen the rain?



Jackson Browne - Running on Empty



The Troggs - Love is all around



Cursive - Gentleman Caller



Men without Hats - Safety Dance

This song was referenced on scrubs, but I had no idea what they were talking about till I saw this. 


Soul Hooligan - Soul Searching



The four Vagabonds - Rosie The Riveter



England Dan & John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight



Solomon Burke - The Judgement



Queen Latifah - Ladies first



Canned heat - Goin up the Country



There are many, many others that I didn't include for whatever reason, so check out: http://www.have-dog.com/coldcase/ for more music.
This youtube user has done an amazing job of compiling some of the music featured on the show: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsMac5




I finished writing this and it occurred to me that every single show in my "I Think I Fell For The Song On TV" series has been cancelled .




MITNB

0 comments: