About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, September 03, 2010

Erm..yeah..wow a.k.a I have no idea what to call this entry

As a few people may have noticed my blogging has been sporadic lately. I have a new very demanding job and I barely have time to make myself a home cooked meal. I wonder how other blogers cope (pointers, anyone?). 

On monday, 1st of September...or was it the 2nd? I posted a link to Kanye West's free to download single on my blog. It was the remix to his new single "Power". The link was provided by the main himself on his blog, so I thought it was fair game right? Apparently not. I logged in and I was told my the nice people at blogger that a "DMCA complaint has been made about blog"
....WHAT THE HELL?

complaint dmca

I know it is messed up, but the entire time I'm thinking ...someone read my blog!  For those like me who have no idea what the DMCA is. It is;

"The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services intended to circumvent measures (commonly known as digital rights management or DRM) that control access to copyrighted works. It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself. In addition, the DMCA heightens the penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet."
souce: Wikipedia.

The thing is, it was blatantly not my intention to infringe on anyone's copyright. I always try to provide sources for everything I post. The fear of being caught plagiarising was put into me in my university, so as much as possible I try not to post someone's work without crediting them.  

There is an accompanying email telling me I can repost the blog without the links, then what's the point? For those interested the link to download the Power remix is some there on Kanye's blog I would link you to it, but I don't want to end up in jail. Receiving this email is as exciting as my life gets, I won't survive in jail. 

Bloging would be back to normal soon-ish. I know I keep saying this. But, it will. I just need to manage my day off a prep most posts before hand. 

Have a good weekend! 
MITNB

0 comments: