About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, June 13, 2011

Skin Care Journey: Peels, Scrubs and 3 months later

So, I've spent the past 2 weeks or so taking stock of my skin, where it stands and what I want to improve. My major headache at the moment is the texture. I am not really sure what is wrong with it, but my make up wasn't going on as nicely as it used to and I can land space ships in my pores. My Burts Bees toner doesn't seem to be helping and I am thinking of changing back to the Glycerine and Rose water toner I bought from boots.


001
check out those holes and little black dots!  I burst a couple and they were full of pus - yuck! 


 I took a really close look at my skin and noticed I have clogged pores around my nose and under my eyes. I also have lots of little pimples (what is that about?). I remember when I used to use peels about 2 years ago my skin was quite smooth. I bought my peel from an ebay shop (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/forever-young2007). I have had a good experience her peels, I emailed her to see if I could use the mandelic acid with my retin-a regimen. And she said,



It is hard to say. I would never recommend using a standard peel strength solution with tretinoin. 
But the Alpha-bright is very mild by comparison. Just 5% Mandelic by volume and weight. 
There is school of thought that suggests mild peels with Retinyl (std Vitamin A) 
can work really well so there isn't an obvious conflict between Vitamin A products
 and alpha hydroxy acid peels.
My understanding is that the concern is about Tretinoin and alpha hydroxys
 both being skin exfoliating products and that using two exfoliators might overly irritate the skin. 
But I guess that as long as one monitors the skin and stops using both 
products at the same time if irritation does occur then I can't see there being a problem.
And once again the alpha bright is very mild.
As an alternative though would you consider our Lumineux blemish reduction cream?
 There is no indication of any slight conflict between the 
active ingredients in the cream and Retin products.
 If you read the listing then you will understand how it works and maybe you would feel 
confident in using it. It is the cream with Glucosamine and Niacinamide
 rather than the Arbutin and Kojic blend ( a strong cream that might not suit Retin users).



So, I'm still trying to decide between her recommendation and the Mandelic Peel...or I could use both and watch my face peel off and go down the drain. She is also one of the most affordable chemical peel shops around. 


I'm working on getting rid of left over hyper pigmentation which you can see in the pictures below.


002
anyone else have a problem with pimple recurring in the exact same spots? for me it's those two darkest spots, I swear there is a line of them waiting to come out as soon as one leaves.


003


I think the combination of retin-a, mandelic acid and a good face brush might be the push I need to get my skin to where I want it. I am trying to see if I can get my hands on the boots botanical face brush (aka the manual clarisonic), I couldn't find one in my local boots, so I want to check the larger one at Liverpool Street Station. If that fails, I have my eye on the DHC face brush on ebay.  My regimen is staying the same as my last update till I can get everything in place for phase 2. 

till then. 


P.S I scrubbed my face till I scratched the surface, I've now got little scratches and scabs on her face...not good. 

0 comments: