About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, April 11, 2011

Skin Care Journey: Treating, and Dealing with Hyper-pigmentation and Acne (week 3)

I probably should have written this in week three because now I'm finding it hard to remember what my skin was like. Week 3 was the week before my period, I had a tiny post period break out that I was not too happy about. I burst one and picked at it, but managed to fight the urge to burst the other ones - progress!.
I'm really unimpressed with the texture of my skin. My foundation which used to look good now looks cakey and emphasizes my large pores. I have no idea what to do about this other than stick with the treatment like I'm supposed to. Again there isn't a wealth of information from black women using Retin-A treatment so, it's hard to know what to expect. I came across one on acne.org, but there was only a picture and no details about her course of treatment. I have fine tuned my regimen a little bit, now I'm using....

MORNING
Cleanse: Good things stay clear face wash.
 Exfoliate: Boots scrubbing pads and sulphur soap ( I need to get a new bar)
tone: burts bees toner.

NIGHT
Cleanse: Good things stay clear face wash.
Exfoliate:  Neutrogean black head clearing scrubs and Boots scrubbing pads.
Retin - A

I know I have an aggressive scrubbing regimen , that is because I read that Retin-A increases cell renewal in addition to causing dry patches so the scrubbing is meant to help with that.

Till next week.

0 comments: