About me

My photo
started off as a music blog hence the name. but, it is now my any and everything blog.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The 2010 Mercury Prize nominees

I can't believe I forgot that the Mercury prize award was today! I think I got too caught up in preparing to see K'naan (review up soon) and I'm just coming down from that high.

I have to say I'm surprised that people like Paul Weller, Dizzee Rascal (who won once before) and Corine bailey Rae are nominated for the Mercury prize. I always though the Prize was given to less established musicians/bands.  I'll be pretty disapointed if someone established wins, I'm rooting for Mumford and Sons. I got their album "Sigh No More" and it lives up to the hype. The winner is going to be announced later today, but for now here are the nominees

Artist: Dizzee Rascal  
Album: Tongue N' Cheek

Artist: The xx 
Album: xx

Artist: Paul Weller 
Album: Wake Up the Nation

Artist: Corinne Bailey Rae 
Album: The Sea


Artist: Mumford & Sons 
Album: Sigh No More



Artist: Laura Marling 
Album:I Speak Because I Can


Artist: Foals 
Album: Total Life Forever


Artist:Wild Beasts 
Album: Two Dancers


Artist: Biffy Clyro 
Album: Only Revolutions


Artist:Villagers 
Album: Becoming A Jackal

Artist: Kit Downes 
Album: Trio ‘Golden

Artist: I Am Kloot 
Song: Sky At Night



I'll post the winner today or tomorrow.

MITNB

0 comments: